MERU MOBILITY TECH PRIVATE LIMITED
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
Introduction and Background
A wholly-owned subsidiary of Meru Travel Solutions Private Limited (MTSPL) which is a subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Limited (M&M), Meru Mobility Tech Private Limited (MMTPL), a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956, and having its registered office at F-17, 4th Floor, Pinnacle Business Park, Mahakali Caves Road, Shanti Nagar, Andheri East Mumbai –400093 and engaged in the business of operating radio taxis.
1. CSR Vision Statement and Objective
1.1 The CSR vision of Meru Mobility Tech Private Limited, is to serve and give back to the communities within which we work.
1.2 The objective of this policy is to –
Promote a unified and strategic approach to CSR across the company by incorporating under one ‘Rise for Good’ umbrella the diverse range of its philanthropic giving, identifying select constituencies and cause to work with, thereby ensuring high social impact.
Encourage employees to participate actively in the company’s CSR and give back to the society in an organised manner through the employee volunteering programme called ESOPs (Employee Social Options). Every MMTPL employee will contribute time and effort towards community building.
2. Scope and Applicability
This policy shall be applicable to all stakeholders and employees of Meru Mobility Tech Private Limited.
3. Policy Statement
3.1. Core Ideology –
For Meru Mobility Tech Private Limited, responsible business practices include being responsible for our business processes, services, engaging in responsible relations with employees, customers and the community. Hence for the Company, Corporate Social Responsibility goes beyond just adhering to statutory and legal compliances and creates social and environmental value while supporting the company's business objectives and reducing operating costs, and at the same time enhancing relationships with key stakeholders and customers.
This is clearly articulated in the redefined Core Purpose which reads as “we will challenge conventional thinking and innovatively use all our resources to drive positive change in the lives of our stakeholders and communities across the world, to enable them to Rise”.
3.2. Total Outlay –
In line with the Companies Act 2013, MMTPL outlay will be 2% average net profits made during the 3 immediately preceding financial years specifically towards CSR initiatives.
3.3 Allocation of Resources & Thrust Areas –
The MMTPL CSR Committee will contribute 2% of the average net profits made during the three immediately preceding financial years to undertake CSR initiatives which meet the needs of the local communities where we operate.
Our commitment to CSR will be manifested by investing resources in the following areas –
1. Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting healthcare including preventive health care and sanitation & making available Safe drinking water;
2. Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation skills especially among children, woman, elderly & the differently abled and the livelihood enhancements projects;
3. Welfare of Transportation related community.
4. Welfare of the Neighbouring Community around MTBL offices, plant, facilities.
5. Contribution to Holding Company for welfare activities conducted by it.
6. Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for woman & orphans; setting up old age homes, daycare centers, and such other facilities for senior citizens & measures for reducing inequalities faced by social & economically backward groups;
7. Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, Protection of flora & fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources & maintaining quality of soil, air & water;
8. Protection of national heritage, art & culture including restoration of buildings & sites of historical importance & works of art; setting up of public libraries, promotion & development of traditional arts & handicrafts.
3.4. Implementation –
The Board level Corporate Social Responsibility Committee (CSR Committee) of the Company shall be responsible for monitoring implementation of the CSR Policy. CSR Committee shall approve and recommend to the Board projects or programs to be undertaken, the modalities of execution, and implementation schedule thereof.
3.5 Executing Agency / Partners –
CSR initiatives will be implemented either directly by the Company through its ESOPs program where employees may directly implement CSR initiatives, or through implementing partners which may include NGOs having an established track record of at least 3 years in carrying out the specific activity. The main implementation partners the Company will work with are the Company’s corporate foundations, namely, Mahindra Foundation, K C Mahindra Education Trust, Tech Mahindra Foundation and Naandi Foundation.
The following minimum criteria will be ensured while selecting NGOs / voluntary organizations for program execution:
a) The NGO is a registered Society / Public Charitable Trust / Section 25 Not for Profit Organization / Company established under section 8 of the Act
b) The NGO has a permanent office / address in India
c) The NGO has a valid Income Tax Exemption Certificate
d) The NGO has submitted a detailed project proposal and budget which has been approved by the Company.
The Company may also collaborate with other companies to undertake CSR projects or programs, provided the CSR Committees of the respective companies are in a position to report separately on such projects or programs.